Saturday, February 4, 2017

Encouragement

Whenever I am disheartened by the violence, suffering and discord of these days, I find comfort in these words from Paul in Philippians 4:8-9:  "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you."
I've often heard verse 8 quoted about maintaining a healthy and productive thought life. But I am also inspired by verse 9, that tells us to put our beliefs into action.There is affirming, loving work being done -- and waiting to be done. We must not be discouraged when God is active throughout the world to bring healing and justice to the world he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment