Thursday, January 26, 2017

My greatest hope in life is based on the love and character of God as revealed through Jesus Christ. I hope for the mending of this world through Christ's sacrificial death and from his avowed mission to bring God's kingdom and its mercies to all people. Even in our broken world, we can take hope in the words of Jesus:  "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor: he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord" (Luke 4:18-19).
We pray for this healing, and we work for it in every possible way, so that some day we can approach the vision of the psalmist who wrote: "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other" (Psalm 85:10).
I pray that mercy and truth, peace and righteousness will fill your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment